Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Women's Day 2013!



Today is International Women's Day and I wanted to take some time and reflect on why it's so good to be a woman.

For me the single best thing about being a woman is being able to give birth. I am the mother of a beautiful little girl and I am so grateful I was able to carry her for 9 months and to go through the special but very very painful labour. Without an epidural no less. I still don't know how I managed that but I feel very proud of doing so. Even though I did ask for an epidural. Twice.

Another great thing about being a woman is having girlfriends. I am so grateful to have my mother, my sisters and my fabulous female friends in my life. Almost nothing can beat having a cup of tea with a female friend and just chatting and laughing the day away. Or having therapeutic talks in the car with my sisters. The car is the best place to have a conversation as you can really focus on what is being said and no one can walk away.

I would also like to mention Aung San Suu Kyi as I admire her for her non-violent struggle for democracy and human rights. It is truly sad that democracy is still unobtainable in some parts of the world. I do hope that when Isabella is older, women's rights will have improved and there will be less violence against women.

Today we celebrate being women and there is so much to celebrate and there are so many reasons why I am happy to be a woman. I hope you are celebrating too.

Happy Women's Day!

Miss My

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate